Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Myspace, Facebook, Twitter . . what's your flavor?

I haven't written in a long time and I promise to do better; but in my absence I have devoted a lot of time to the world wide web of social networking, where six degrees of separation has like never before, been proven to be true.

For those of you who are unfamiliar with online social networks, they have become a world-wide phenomenon that most describe as fun and addictive. They enable people to connect with people, resources, and new experiences. (The human need to connect is at the core of what these sites offer)

i have taking a stab at all three of the major networks, Myspace, Facebook, and Twitter, and have an opinion on the issue.

I feel they all have something for everyone but there are slight differences that make them more or less appealing to various demographic groups.

In a nutshell, Myspace is for teens and young adults, Facebook, more inclusive to all age groups, and Twitter is (in my limited 2 hours of it) a media/pop-culture/you're in the know, kind of deal.

I started out with a myspace page back in 2005ish and stayed on for a good year. It was fun and addictive, as promised but my tastes changed and I later joined facebook. This site was a little more sophisticated for my tastes and found it more rewarding with reguard to genuinely sharing and connecting with like minds.

Today, I decided to see what Twitter is all about. So far, so good!

We will see what happens. . .
Check back often.

Theo

No comments: